Commercial Propane Safety
At Expo Propane, all of us are absolutely dedicated to ensuring the safety of our customers. If you ever have a concern, call us immediately at (562) 804-3400.
We offer commercial customers a variety of safety services that include:
- Free training in cylinder/tank fill-installation
- Free cylinder/tank inspection
- Forklift cylinder safety
- Cylinder requalification
- Barbeque cylinder safety training
- Propane vehicle safety check
- General troubleshooting
The Commercial Safety Data Sheet is available on our Commercial page.
If you smell gas…
- No flames or sparks! Immediately put out all smoking materials and other open flames. Do not operate lights, appliances, telephones, or cell phones. Flames or sparks from these sources can trigger an explosion or a fire.
- Leave the area immediately! Get everyone out of the building or area where you suspect gas is leaking.
- Shut off the gas. Turn off the main gas supply valve on your propane tank if it is safe to do so. To close the valve, turn it to the right (clockwise) as far as it will turn.
- Report the leak. From a neighbor's home or other nearby building away from the gas leak, call your propane supplier immediately. If you can't reach your propane supplier, call 911 or your local fire department.
- Do not return to the building or area until an Expo service technician determines that it is safe to do so.